Happy GDC week…one of our favorite times of the year! The streets of SF are buzzing with tons of game devs, some fantastic parties, and a few awesome creatures roaming (have you seen the Candy Crush folks?).
With thousands of new mobile games launching every week, staying competitive continues to get harder for developers and bringing quality users into your games will remain a challenge. Because of this, we believe the strategy you take to engage players once they are in your game is just as important as your acquisition strategy.
That’s why our suite of intelligent engagement, retention and monetization tools is now available for free. So go ahead and start exploring. We encourage you to experiment with your campaigns in order to understand what is most effective for your audience and what works best for your game.
Check out what you can do with our free tools:
Keep an eye out on for new premium features we’ll be adding to our platform in the coming months.
If you’re interested in acquiring new users, reach out to us at email@example.com.
We’re excited to introduce the PlayHaven AIR Native Extension (ANE) for Adobe AIR. If you’re using (or considered using) Adobe’s Gaming Tools to develop iOS or Android games, you can now use the PlayHaven extension to acquire, understand, and intelligently engage and monetize users.
The Adobe AIR runtime allows developers to package the same code into native iOS and Android apps, among other operating systems and create rich, interactive experiences for their players. Their library of AIR Native Extensions makes it easy for developers to quickly integrate tools such as PlayHaven into apps using Flash’s ActionScript.
With the PlayHaven ANE, Adobe AIR developers can start using PlayHaven to:
- Acquire Users: with targeted cost-per-install advertising campaigns on PlayHaven’s mobile advertising network spanning 4,000 mobile games, 460 million unique users, 115 million monthly active users, and 2+ billion monthly sessions.
- Understand Performance: with a wide variety of game usage, campaign, and revenue performance metrics available via our web dashboard.
- Intelligent Engage & Monetize Users: by delivering targeted in-app marketing communications – like cross promotions, rewards and virtual good promotions – to customizable user segments that are designed to improve retention and revenue.
The new PlayHaven AIR Native Extension is available today – sign up on playhaven.com to download the native extension.
Learn more about the PlayHaven Air Native Extension and Adobe’s Gaming Tools here.
On the heels of announcing our new COO Charles Yim last month, today we announced that Ville Heijari will join the PlayHaven crew and kickstart our very first office in Europe. Ville comes to us having served as SVP of Marketing for Rovio Entertainment where he led the creation of a global marketing and brand platform while the company went through a rapid growth period with the Angry Birds franchise expanding internationally.
Ville is a tremendous talent and we’re thrilled to have him on the team as we continue to build our team internationally and focus on better serving the needs of developers locally.
Check out what media are saying!
AllThingsD: Top Angry Birds Exec Flies the Coop
Games Industry International: PlayHaven hires former Rovio exec for European expansion
PocketGamer.biz: PlayHaven opens European office, headed by ex-Rovio SVP Heijari
As you may have seen today, PlayHaven just closed an $8 million round of financing led by GGV Capital along with existing investors e.ventures and Tandem Entrepreneurs. We’re excited about the work we’re doing over here at PlayHaven and the new opportunities we see with GGV Capital as a strategic partner and board member.
Read what media have been saying about PlayHaven!
- GigaOm - PlayHaven Raises $8m to Make Mobile Developers Money
- PocketGamer.biz - Monetisation platform PlayHaven targets international growth with $8 million investment round
- San Francisco Business Times - PlayHaven gets $8 million to fuel games
- TechCrunch - PlayHaven Lands $8M From GGV To Help App Developers Monetize Their Games, Expand Overseas
- The Next Web - PlayHaven closes $8m for global expansion and improved insight features for developers
- VentureBeat - PlayHaven rounds up $8 million to finance international expansion